Warwick offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with a rich mix of history and heritage and a picturesque setting with unique streets, buildings and gardens to explore. It hosts an exciting events programme throughout the year, including literary and folk festivals which celebrate the town’s heritage and links with its local attractions.
Warwick offers an enticing blend of old and new, mainly independent shops, from gift shops, antique centres and traditional tea shops to boutiques, art galleries and fine dining.
Are you passionate about Warwick? Why not share it with us in a review?
Places of interest
Market Square is at the heart of the town hosting a variety of cafes, shops and pubs as well as a thriving market every Saturday. Swan Street is a lively shopping street and Smith Street is the oldest shopping street in Warwick with a unique mix of independent shops and restaurants.
You can visit Warwick Castle and experience its history, magic and adventure. Warwick Racecourse is just minutes away from the town centre and retains its historic charm and character as one of the oldest in the country. You can also visit museums including Warwick’s hidden gem the Lord Leycester Hospital, churches of outstanding quality and architecture such as St Mary’s Church, as well as parks and open gardens throughout the town.
Have you enjoyed an activity in Warwick? Why not tell us about it in a review?
- Easter special – Shaun the Sheep movie - ‘Shaun the Sheep The Movie’ automotive Easter Adventures at the Heritage Motor Centre Children are in for yet another treat at the Heritage Motor Centre this Easter with ‘Shaun the Sheep The Movie’ automotive adventures from 28 March – 12 April. Celebrating the release of the movie earlier this year, … more
- Robert Dudley back in Warwick – new painting - A new painting, of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, is now on display at the Warwick Visitor Centre. The work was originally commissioned by Warwick Town Council for an exhibition. Submit your review. Submit your review Name: *Email: *Website: Review Title: Rating: 12345 Review: * Required Field Check this box … more
- Halloween and half-term fun - Celebrate Halloween and the October half term from 25 October – 2 November with a host of spooky family events in Shakespeare’s England. Carve pumpkins, enjoy family ghost trails, learn how to make potions and spells or simply enjoy an autumnal walk. For the very brave there are plenty of … more
- Warwick Race Course - Warwick Racecourse is a horse racing course in Warwick, England. It is a National Hunt racing course, and has a programme of 25 meetings throughout the year, many of which are televised www.warwickracecourse.co.uk Hampton Street, Warwick CV34 6HN T: 01926 405560 Submit your review. Submit your review Name: *Email: … more
- Heritage Motor Centre, near Banbury - A look at the best of British motoring. The new Museum Collection Centre (MCC) at the Heritage Motor Centre will open in late summer. The MCC will house the reserve collection of the Trust which numbers more than 100 cars, and includes many rare prototypes, ‘first and last’ vehicles and … more
- Hill Close Gardens, Warwick - Hill Close Gardens is a group of 18 surviving Victorian detached gardens on a hillside in Warwick. Bread and Meat Close, Warwick CV34 6HF. Open 11am-5pm every day. Winter opening hours (November-March) Monday-Friday 11-4pm. Closed Sat, Sun. Charges: Adults £3.50 Children 5-16 years £1. www.hillclosegardens.com Submit your review. Submit your … more
- From Castle to county town: A walk that discovers the fascinating story of Warwick’s developmment - In any town or city, your attention is usually taken by historic monuments, beautiful architecture or spectacular buildings. But how often do you take notice of the basic urban fabric of roads, bridges, paths, walls, houses and gardens? This walk in Warwick, created by a local town planner, explores the … more
- Canaletto exhibition – Compton Verney, Warwickshire - Compton Verney will stage a number of exciting exhibitions in 2015 including Canaletto Celebrating Britain from 14 March – 7 June. This exhibition spotlights the paintings and drawings which Canaletto created between 1746 and 1755, when he chose to celebrate the latest achievements of British architecture and engineering. This is … more
- Compton Verney House - Compton Verney House Warwickshire CV35 9HZ Open Tuesday-Sunday from 11am-5pm Cost of entry: Adults: £13 – exhibitions, collections and grounds; £7.25 – collections and grounds Children: £3 Under 5s Free www.comptonverney.org.uk Once the home of the Verney or Willoughby de Broke family, the house was rescued by the Compton Verney … more
- Warwick Castle - Dating back to 914, Warwick Castle has stood as an impressive Medieval Fortress on the banks of the river Avon for the last 1100 years. Attacked in 1264, besieged in 1642 and damaged by fire in 1871, the castle has survived the changing fortunes of history and remains one of … more